The Doctor Is In


Today's scrapghan block is "Granny's Favorite" from Today's Woman Granny Squares Number 2, in the colors of the Dr. Who doll I finally finished!!


The pattern is called "David Tennant Big and Cuddly DrWho" from Pixelated Mushroom. If you're on Ravelry, here's the pattern page.  It's a great pattern!



This was the second attempt at making a Dr. Who doll for my cousin.  The first attempt with a different pattern failed horribly over a year ago... and it took awhile to finish this one too.  At one point I thought the jacket was going to be too big, and I wasn't quite ready to fail yet again.  It was also hard getting back into a project that I started months ago.  

But yesterday I set some ground rules for myself.  I set a timer for 25 minutes, and had to work straight through, and then could have a few minutes break if I needed a cup of tea or something (breaking longer for meals of course), and then back to it, and repeat.  Totally worked.  I couldn't believe it was finished, and the coat fit!  I'm so glad I stuck with it!!  And I'm going to keep my 25 minute rule idea in mind for the future because I felt so productive!

Comments

  1. He is too cute. I live him alot. Great colors

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lovely doll and lovely square!
    I like your 25 minute rule - I may try that out!
    Carly
    x

    ReplyDelete
  3. LOVE, LOVE them!
    The doll is amazing- looks like a fab pattern you could alter easily. I think his facial expression is so cute!
    Gorgeous granny square too.
    Have a great weekend.
    Xx
    PS giveaway at mine if you fancy it.
    Xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Interesting idea, the 25-minute timer... Must try it this week!
    Oh and the doll looks like the sort of thing you would find in an encyclopedia, under 'Amigurumi' - just perfect! :)
    xo,
    wink

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Thanks for visiting! I love comments and will reply as soon as possible by email, or if you are a no-reply blogger, right under your comment in the post! Happy crafting! (If your comment doesn't show up on the site right away, don't panic! I have to moderate comments, so it may take some time for me to acknowledge that your comment isn't spam!)

Popular Posts