Christmas Ornaments



I still have a few more Christmas things to share, but I didn't just want to dump them all in one post.  So here's the Christmas ornament post.


I made these ornaments with 3 inch embroidery hoops (the perfect size for ornaments) and muslin.


I embroidered my own designs with all six strands.


I finished off the back by hot gluing the excess fabric to the inside hoop, and hot glued a piece of felt to cover the whole back.  Then I just looped some embroidery thread in the top to hang, and gave them as gifts!


With the "Welcome" hoop I made for the wedding as inspiration, I made this for my sister and brother in law.  I used six strands for the bunting, and three strands for the letters.  Love how it turned out.


And you've probably seen this ornament which I made out of felt.  I was going for a more round looking owl to mimic the classic Christmas ball ornaments.  This one went to my fellow owl loving cousin in Idaho!  It turned out so cute, I just may have to make some more next year!






Comments

  1. I love the little hoop ornaments. I may have to try that idea out next Christmas. They look really effective. And I love the christmassy colours you chose!!!
    The owl is GORGEOUS! You should definitely do some more! ;-)
    Carly
    x

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is such a clever idea to keep them in the embroidery hoops, then they are already finished and everything. Very cool!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Thanks for visiting! I love comments and will reply as soon as possible by email, or if you are a no-reply blogger, right under your comment in the post! Happy crafting! (If your comment doesn't show up on the site right away, don't panic! I have to moderate comments, so it may take some time for me to acknowledge that your comment isn't spam!)

Popular Posts