Handmade Birthday Gifts!


So I got some pretty sweet handmade things for my birthday, like this SUPER CUTE tote bag my sister made from Zakka Style.  Oh, but there's more!!


My sister and brother-in-law got me a kindle!!!  So of course Gin made me an awesome kindle case, with the help of this tutorial from Bits and Pieces.


I love the stitching on the back that she called "interpretive."


And how cool is this little zippy pouch that she made roughly based on Noodlehead's scrappy make-up pouch.


She also made this cute little needle case that was inspired by this needle keeper at a cuppa and a catch up.


My friend Sarah crocheted me this circle scarf!  Look at the colors!  How "me" is it!?  It's very soft and very warm, and the combination of single crochets and treble crochets give it a great drape!


This lovely necklace was made by my cousin Maria, aka Captain Sarcasm if you remember.  The picture doesn't really do it justice, as the beads are a really beautiful iridescent purple.  She also made a really cute owl necklace this past summer.  I just love having crafty friends and family!!!

Comments

  1. Hi Kate,
    Wow! What a lot of beautiful handmade gifts - you have VERY clever friends and family!!!
    I hope you're enjoying your Kindle. Have you found time to do any reading on it yet? How are you finding it?
    I've seen lots of gorgeous things on people's blogs from 'Zakka Style'. It's definitely going on my 'need' list!!!
    Enjoy all your lovely pressies.....
    Carly
    x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow gurl, you were spoiled rotten! :D How cool that you got so many handmade and crafty gifts! I'm hoping my loved ones will do the same for me in a few months ;)
    xo,
    wink

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love it! I'm going to have to order a necklace from Maria :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. lucky girl! glad you had such a nice birthday and such nice handmade gifts.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Thanks for visiting! I love comments and will reply as soon as possible by email, or if you are a no-reply blogger, right under your comment in the post! Happy crafting! (If your comment doesn't show up on the site right away, don't panic! I have to moderate comments, so it may take some time for me to acknowledge that your comment isn't spam!)

Popular Posts