Picot Picot

Picot Picot

Let's talk about picots!  For non-crocheters, picots are those little round knobby things that are often used for decorative edges, and "picot" is pronounced "pee-koh."  How do you crocheters feel about picots?  I personally have a love/hate relationship with them...

Picot Picot

When I first learned how to make a picot I really disliked them because I felt like each picot I made looked different from the next, which made me wonder if I was even doing it correctly.  It's also a bit of an awkward stitch that, at least for me, slows down your crocheting speed.  But the stitch has grown on me.  I really like the look of them and I'm a little quicker making them.

Picot Picot

So, you've probably noticed that this doily has quite a few picots.  The vintage pattern is called "Picot Picot" and is from the Star Doily Book No. 151.  You can download the whole ebook at www.jessica-tromp.nl.  I made this one with size 10 thread and a 1.65mm hook.

Picot Picot

As I neared the end of this doily I was getting pretty sick of making picots... but I love how it turned out!  So what are your feelings on picots?  Love 'em, hate 'em or both?

Comments

  1. Your sunny yellow doily has turned out beautifully, Kate! It was certainly worth taking the trouble with all those picots! I love the centre star shape of this doily, but of course, the surrounding picots give it airiness.

    No, I'm not much of a picot fan, especially in cotton! I find them fiddly to do and remember the days when I used tiny crochet hooks to make cotton snowflakes. These days, the smallest hook I like to use is 2.5mm!

    ReplyDelete
  2. this doily is spectacular and perfect!!!! I really love the centre as Sandra, probably because I'm not a big picots fan...?????? great work!!!!
    xxxxx Ale

    ReplyDelete
  3. I've not tried them myself, but I love the detail they add. I think it would bother me if they all turned out different sizes too. Yours look great! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm a huge fan of picots - it's my favourite edging stitch. Thanks so much for the link - soooo many patterns!! :)

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Thanks for visiting! I love comments and will reply as soon as possible by email, or if you are a no-reply blogger, right under your comment in the post! Happy crafting! (If your comment doesn't show up on the site right away, don't panic! I have to moderate comments, so it may take some time for me to acknowledge that your comment isn't spam!)

Popular Posts