Photo-Tuesday

Untitled


"Don't bend; don't water it down; don't try to make it logical; don't edit your own soul according to the fashion.  Rather, follow your most intense obsessions mercilessly." - Franz Kafka

Happy Tuesday!  Do you notice something different around here?  Nope, the blog didn't get a hair cut, but it did get a new banner!  I've been meaning to make a new one for awhile, but with no graphic design training/programs and the want to make something inspired by my grandpa's owl drawings, well, I didn't know where to begin and I didn't want to mess it up!

One of my family members recently found one of his drawings in an old autograph book.  From that drawing and the only other owl of his that I've seen, I drew up the above owl, and with a ridiculous round-about way involving the signature feature on Adobe Reader, was able to place it on a "signature line," like a branch.  I thought it was pretty clever...  Anyways, I think I like it, and thought I'd try it out and see what you guys think!  (I noticed I may have lost a little image quality along the way, hopefully I can go back and fix it!)

For a little back story if you haven't read my little "What's in a Name?" bit, for several years now, (I want to guess 7ish...), I've been signing handmade cards and other hand made stuff with an owl stamp and my initials.  Unbeknownst to me, my grandfather (who died when I was 12) used to sign his name with a little owl sketch too.  So you want to know the coolest thing about the last owl drawing of his I saw? Beside it was "CJ."

Have a fantastic day my friends, and may you have the courage to follow your inner-self's greatest desires!

Comments

  1. A lovely winding path full of possibilities! Your new header is fun with the owl drawing inspired by your grandpa's owl drawings. This owl looks like he's wearing a little waistcoat!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the new banner, Kate! And what a wonderfully atmospheric photo - it made me picture Little Red Riding Hood. :-)
    Carly
    x

    ReplyDelete
  3. love the idea behind your new banner!!!!!
    xxxxxxx Ale

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Thanks for visiting! I love comments and will reply as soon as possible by email, or if you are a no-reply blogger, right under your comment in the post! Happy crafting! (If your comment doesn't show up on the site right away, don't panic! I have to moderate comments, so it may take some time for me to acknowledge that your comment isn't spam!)

Popular Posts